Blue Jays Best NYU 3-0
• Score: #16 Johns Hopkins - 2, New York University - 0
• Records: JHU (3-1-1) • NYU (3-1)
• Location: Hoboken, NJ • DeBaun Athletic Comp
• The Short Story: Hopkins put on an offensive display, using two first half goals and a third in the second to run away with a 3-0 victory over NYU.
How it Happened
• Rachel Jackson continued her strong start to the season, slotting her third goal of the year into the top right corner of the net to give Hopkins a 1-0 lead in the 7th minute. Riley O'Toole assisted on the goal.
• NYU was called for a foul inside the box in the 13th minute, setting up Emily Maheras' second PK goal in as many days, giving her three goals on the season.
• In the 72nd minute, Maggie Coulson sent in a cross that found the head of Carly Lupton-Smith, finding the top left corner of the net off the outstretched hands of Meghan Marhan.
• Robyn Lipschultz earned the start and the win, with Caitlin Hendricks finishing the contest in net for Hopkins.
What it Means
• Hopkins ends a two-match winless streak, after a loss to Messiah and a tie with Stevens.
• Head Coach Leo Weil picks up win number 396 for his career.
• The Blue Jays remain an undefeated 4-0 all-time vs NYU.
Inside the Box Score
• Jackson and Maheras both picked up their third goals of the season through five games.
• Maheras now has 16 goals for her Hopkins career while Jackson is up to 14.
• Johns Hopkins outshot NYU 27-4 in the match. It is the second match in-a-row in which JHU registered 27 shots.
• The Blue Jays continue their early season travels, playing their third of four straight New Jersey games, taking on TCNJ at 7 pm on Wednesday.