Hopkins Plays Haverford To Draw
• Score: #5 Johns Hopkins - 1, Haverford College - 1
• Records: JHU (7-1-3, 1-0-2) • Roanoke (8-1-1, 2-0-1)
• Location: Haverford, PA – Walton Field
• The Short Story: For the second straight conference contest, Johns Hopkins plays to a draw.
How it Happened
• Haverford jumped out to an early 1-0 lead over the #5 Blue Jays, as Celia Page found the back of the net off a Leanne Ludwick assist.
• Johns Hopkins responded in the 68th minute after Rachel Jackson put one off the post, got her own rebound and scored to knot things at 1-1.
• Jackson had another one-on-one look in the 87th minute, but Hannah Friedrich was able to get a foot to it and keep things tied, ultimately forcing overtime.
What it Means
• Haverford snapped a six-game losing streak against the Blue Jays with the draw.
• This is the first season since 2001 in which Johns Hopkins has had two Centennial Conference draws.
• Leo Weil remains at 400 career wins after back-to-back draws.
Inside the Box Score
• Rachel Jackson's goal was her fifth of the season, good for second on the team.
• Caitlin Hendricks made four saves in the contest.
• Johns Hopkins outshot Haverford 19-8, but were an even 5-5 in shots on goal.
• Johns Hopkins returns home for just their second game of the season at Homewood Field, hosting Dickinson College on Tuesday night at 730 pm.