Jackson, Maheras Lead Blue Jays Past Garnet
• Score: #6 Johns Hopkins - 1, Swarthmore, - 0
• Records: JHU (10-1-4, 3-0-3) • Swarthmore (9-4, 3-3-0)
• Location: Baltimore, MD • Homewood Field
• The Short Story: Rachel Jackson scores two goals and Emily Maheras adds one to lead Johns Hopkins in a 3-2 victory over Swarthmore.
How it Happened
• Emily Maheras started the scoring, putting home her 10th goal of the year in the 25th minute. Alex Damron sent the corner kick in and Maheras put home the header for a 1-0 lead.
• Louise Rosler answered for Swarthmore in the 36th minute, beating Blue Jays keeper Caitlin Hendricks and knotting the game up at 1-1.
• With less than a minute left in the first half, Rachel Jackson received the ball, dribbled past multiple defenders, and put one past the keeper to put Hopkins back on top.
• In the 50th minute, Johns Hopkins struck again. Riley O'Toole took the ball down the far sideline and sent in a low, left-footed cross, finding Rachel Jackson for an easy finish and a 3-1 lead.
• Swarthmore refused to lay down, answering back roughly seven minutes later. Sophia Stills received a feed off a Nikki Gibbons throw-in and put it past Hendricks to make it a 3-2 game in the 57th minute.
What it Means
• Johns Hopkins has extended their streak of games without a loss to 12.
• The Blue Jays avoid a losing streak against the Garnet.
• The Blue Jays improved to 28-3-3 all-time against Swarthmore.
Inside the Box Score
• Maheras' goal gives her 10 on the season, making her the first Blue Jay to reach double figures. Maheras has 23 career goals.
• Jackson registered her first multi-goal game of the 2019 season, giving her eight goals on the year and 19 for her young career.
• The Blue Jays outshot Swarthmore 23-16 in the contest.
• Johns Hopkins gets a week off before traveling to Collegeville, PA as they take on Ursinus at 12 pm on Saturday.